Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Stayed Up for This???

The choices for New Year's Eve shows last night were awful!!!  

Things I witnessed, unfortunately:

1. Ryan Seacrest doing just about nothing and making oodles of cash for it.  I'm sure Brian Dunkleman gets a stabbing feeling in his stomach every time he sees this guy.

2. Jenny McCarthy asking people on the street lames questions, such as their name.

3. Dick Clark.  He is a legend, but watching him was really sad.

4. NKOTBSB "practicing" their "dance" moves before their performance in Times Square.

5. What I think was the Jersey Shore cast talking about their resolutions. 

6. Snookie getting ready to be dropped about 10 feet in the NJ ball.  I didn't see the actual ball drop...did she ever put down that classy drink in the red plastic cup that was in her hand?

7. After midnight each station had a performer and I had no idea who these people were.  Oh wait, one had some weird pre-taped Mariah Carey video.  I couldn't watch that either.

Next year I'm going to have my own show for grown-ups. 

While we are on the topic...how long after January 1 do you think it's acceptable to say "Happy New Year" to someone? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to watch the Dick Clark countdown every year. This year I decided to watch the 3 Stooges marathon and Svengoolie (I think that's a Chicago thing, if you never heard of him...) and it sounds like I didn't miss much.

How long to say happy new year? I don't want to hear it after midnight! The holidays are over and I'm thrilled. No need to drag them out further. New year is here. Let's move on.