Saturday, August 6, 2011

Channeling Cherie Currie

Taylor Momsen, aka Jenny or "Little J" on Gossip Girl, thinks she's all grown up.  She went from being a typical pretty blond girl to channeling Cherie Currie from the Runaways.  Taylor is now the lead singer for a band called The Pretty Reckless which I didn't take seriously until I saw that they played at the Montreux jazz festival this year, not that her band has anything to do with jazz though.  I've always liked girls who can rock and Taylor definitely can!  I think she's an idiot away from the stage with her attitude and thinking she's so grown up, but I checked out her music on You Tube and actually like some of it.

Note that they are both 16 or 17 in these pictures.  The Runaways crashed and burned after being together only 3 years.  Let's hope Taylor doesn't have the same fate.

Taylor Momsen

Cherie Currie



No comments: