Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love Las Vegas!

I took my first trip to Las Vegas when I was 18 years old for a college bowling tournament. I was immediately hooked on the place and have visited about 15 times. My next trip is next weekend with my good friend Julie.

Here are my favorite things about Vegas:

• Slot machines in the airport! The fun begins the minute you step off the plane.
• There is always the chance to come home a millionaire and never have to work again…Megabucks jackpot is currently at $19M!
• I can stay up all night. I am a night person and mornings are always a struggle for me. In Vegas, it is perfectly normal to sleep in and then stay up all night.
• Spending time with my friends on trips we will never forget.
• Drinking is acceptable, and encouraged, at any time of the day or night.
• Everyone is happy.
• It’s Disneyland for adults...it is a vacation from life with no worries.
• Staying at a different hotel each time. So far my favorite is the Wynn.
• The quality and variety of the shows. Where else can you see Tom Jones, Celine Dion, Cirque du Soleil and Phantom of the Opera all on one trip?
• There is something for everyone…gambling, restaurants, spas, shopping, pools, bars and clubs.
• The cab drivers are like tour guides…except for the one who spent the entire ride talking about the time he got beat up by a prostitute, which he completely deserved.
• Dry heat. I love a nice hot dry day.
• And of course…gambling! Blackjack and craps are my favorites.

No comments: