Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Update on Me








It has been three weeks since my last Thursday Thirteen so here are thirteen things that have happened in the last three weeks that I have not written about yet.

1. My husband and I talked again about buying a vacation condo in Miami.

2. We have another leak in the house. There is a water stain on the ceiling of an upstairs bedroom. We have gone in the attic, but cannot trace the source yet.

3. July 3rd was the 10 year anniversary from when I met my husband at a Dodgers/Giants tail gate party at Candlestick Park, and 4 years from when we moved to Virginia.

4. We had a nice relaxing long 4th of July weekend.

5. My dad was diagnosed with melanoma, but the mole was removed and he is ok.

6. My new laptop finally arrived. It has been named “Big Pink”.

7. I started thinking about how to spend the remaining 10 days of vacation I need to take by the end of the year.

8. I finally got new contacts. It took 3 appointments so I can finally throw away the ones I have been wearing that are way past their prime.

9. Chinese food in Virginia is awful so I had pretty much given up on trying new places. I finally tried the Pei Wei chain that has popped up around here and it’s actually pretty good!

10. My dear friend Julie’s sister passed away from a long battle with ovarian cancer. Her family has had more than their share of tragedy in the past year so my heart goes out to them.

11. Le Tour de France started last weekend so we watch it every night.

12. The product I bought from my hair dresser last time that was meant to help defend against frizziness in the humidity is obviously not strong enough for the Virginia summer.

13. Hell's Kitchen ended this week so now I am down to only 1 show that I like to watch (So You Think You Can Dance).

No comments: