Friday, April 25, 2008

13.1 Miles

I am thinking about running another half marathon. I have such a hard time motivating myself to exercise that I need a goal. There is a half marathon in Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend and I am considering trying to get back into running shape to do this race. I have 4 months, so that is enough time if I am dedicated. Last time I trained for 3 months with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training where I had a coach and team to train with in return for my fundraising efforts. It is a great program, but I do not think I want to do the fundraising again. Plus, I had a hard time getting to some of the group work outs since most were not close to where I live so I did a lot on my own anyway. I did like doing the long runs with TNT though because there was a good support system with routes marked and tables along the way with food and drinks. It was also nice to have people to run with to help it pass the time. There is a local running club I could run with, but I worry that I am too slow to run with them. They do have a women’s program starting up soon for people new to running or trying to get back into running. Maybe I will try that as a starting point.

No comments: