Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Vacation Update









Here is an update on last week's Thursday Thirteen to see which things I actually did on vacation.

FLORIDA

1. Lay on the beach and soak up the sun. Only a few minutes at a time though because I burn so then I'll move back under the umbrella. Yes, but not as much as I hoped for. Day 1 the hotel was not putting up umbrellas (wind?) so I could only stay out a little while. Day 2 we were out in the swamps in the morning and it was cloudy in the afternoon. Day 3 I finally had a nice time under an umbrella on the beach.

2. Drink tasty drinks at the tiki bar. Yes, we had drinks, but they were really really weak.

3. Have a romantic dinner at the beach side restaurant. Done on the first night. We had a table outside with a view of the sunset.

4. Visit the Everglades. Done. We were on quite the swamp tour.

5. Watch the sun set over the ocean. Yep, from the restaurant and from the room balcony.

6. Go for a long walk on the beach. Every day.

VEGAS

7. Gamble! Mostly blackjack and maybe a little bit of craps. Yes, but not nearly as much as I hoped for.

8. Win the Megabucks jackpot. It's at almost $13 million! No...so I had to go back to work.

9. Drink too much and regret it since I don't bounce back like I used to. Oh yes, night number 1.

10. Sit by the pool and recover from # 9. Day number two.

11. Eat some yummy food. Yes. Red 8 at the Wynn, Fiamma at MGM and Fix at Bellagio were all really good.

12. Take pictures. For some reason I never seem to take pictures in Vegas. Nope...one friend took 1 picture that I know of and that's it.

13. Spend quality time with friends. Yep, but not as much as I hoped for since we were split into two groups part of the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot's of thing to do during my vacation trip to Florida. Will plan it soon through Travelocity.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the vacation was a success!!! I cannot WAIT to go back to Vegas. Maybe next year.

I think the above comment is spam. Just thought I'd mention that.

Laura said...

Still sounds like fun!