Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday Thirteen









I couldn’t think of a topic this week so here are just 13 random things.

1. I’m not into Dancing with the Stars this season. There’s nobody I think is really good or that I want to root for.

2. I finally broke down and bought the plane tickets out to California for Christmas…almost $1,500 for the two of us. Ouch! I don’t think my family realizes how expensive it is to visit…but they probably think it’s my punishment for moving away.

3. I love Chick Fil-A. I can get something healthy (grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit cup) and I don’t have to make any exceptions to hold the mayo because they do not put any condiments on anything. It’s all on the side. =)

4. I leave on vacation in 10 days! A four day trip to Florida with my husband and then three days in Vegas with girlfriends.

5. A portion of my driveway is shared with two other neighbors. It needs to get sealed so I’m trying to coordinate which is hard because I have never met one of them. He has another place and doesn’t spend much time at the house by mine.

6. The Biggest Loser is my favorite show this season. I was sad to see Jerry go. I like how they have changed the format so the contestants can’t target and vote out the strong ones.

7. I’m trying not to get freaked out by the economy and all the money our investments have lost.


8. The leaves are starting to change. Fall usually puts me in a funk and I’m trying to fight it this year.

9. I’m still struggling with my weight. I am an emotional eater and any good days I have can quickly be negated in one meal.

10. I think Angelina Jolie had some work done on her face. People are talking about her having a tummy tuck, but I think her face looks different too.

11. I am soon to become a Six Sigma Green Belt.

12. I still haven’t decided who I am going to vote for.

13. A co-worker’s wife asked me to make a treat for their dog’s birthday so I made a 5 inch bundt cake. It was a peanut butter cake covered with melted carob and decorated with yogurt. All dog friendly ingredients.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What is a six sigma green belt? Is that a martial art or something?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Six Sigma training!!! That's a huge accomplishment, you should be very proud!

I'm with you, I hate the fall. I was just in Boston and everyone was telling me how GORGEOUS it will be with the leaves changing colors. All I can think about is the weather that is no doubt looming around the corner. I despise Winter. If I could move to the desert, I so would.

I'm jealous about your Vegas trip. I want to back go SO BAD!!

Patrice said...

Laura - Six Sigma, according to Wikipedia:

Six Sigma is a business management strategy, originally developed by Motorola, that today enjoys wide-spread application in many sectors of industry.

Six Sigma seeks to identify and remove the causes of defects and errors in manufacturing and business processes.[1] It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization ("Black Belts" etc.) who are experts in these methods.[1] Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets (cost reduction or profit increase).[1]