Saturday, May 2, 2009

Please Don't Talk to Me

I went to see Feifei yesterday for an acupuncture visit. One of the needles gave me a shooting pain so I wasn't in the best mood, and I always feel nauseous after. On top of that I had to be face down in the oval thing like when you get a massage so I had a ring on my face. Luckily the drive to work is a little over 30 minutes so the ring is usually gone by the time I get to work. After the treatment I got in the elevator (on the 6th floor) and there is a man talking on his cell phone. As soon as I get in he says to the person on the other end that he "has to go". Crap...he's going to talk to me and the elevator in this old building is really slow. I just kept thinking, "please don't talk to me...please don't talk to me" in my head and I tried to cover my face with my hair so he couldn't see the ring. No luck...he talks to me and mentions the ring on my face. Great, thanks. I just ignored him and then as I got out of the elevator and walked toward the door he kind of yelled at me from behind that his wife gets that ring too when she gets a massage. Whatever....leave me alone, I need a ginger ale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, that's tacky!! It's one thing to notice something about a person, but DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT! Maybe I am just different, but if I notice something strange I don't ASK what happened! If they want me to know, they'll tell me. I have always thought that was rude and nosey of people. It's completely different if you're telling someone that they have lettuce in their teeth. That would be called a favor!