Friday, October 2, 2009

Are You Cold?

I am one of those people who is always cold. I always have a blanket on me when I'm watching TV on the couch, it just varies in weight between summer and winter. I tend to be really cold at indoor places with air conditioning such as work and restaurants. I am so cold at work most of the time that I wear my jacket a lot. I've asked the facilities department to warm up my area, but the fact is I sit under a vent and I'm not giving up my spot by the window to be away from the vent. They got the air to stop blowing constantly on me, but it's still cold. Fair enough...I just bundle up. Today I'm wearing a sweater and I still have my jacket on until I warm up from coming back from lunch (it's 70 degrees outside). Inside the A/C is blowing away like it's July. I'm fine with all this, but what gets me is when someone sees me with my jacket on and asks me if I'm cold? Duh..I wouldn't be wearing all this if I wasn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be cold ALL.THE.TIME. I had a sweater that would stay at work always, because I'd end up putting it on at some point. I used to have a space heater, but they're not allowed here. Nowadays since I took some medication for about a year for depression (this was about 8 years ago) I have somehow balanced out and now I'm not so cold anymore. I still get chilly a lot - like today - because it's 49 freaking degrees here today but I'm not as bad as I used to be. At home, I have the heat generally on 75 degrees... but at times I still need a blanket. I feel your pain though... it's miserable to be freezing all the time and especially at work.