Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weight Watchers - Week # 1

I went back to Weight Watchers last Saturday. I have been off and on WW for years. Two times I got to my all time lowest weight on the program. The first time was when I first joined about 8 years ago when I lost 27 pounds in six months and was extremely strict and followed the program always…even on vacations and during the holidays. But…I gained back some of the weight and teetered up and down for a few years before getting back down to the same number for my wedding. I came back from my honeymoon five pounds heavier and teetered between five and ten pounds heavier for the next year and a half. Then my life seemingly got turned upside down by moving across the country to Virginia. Since we moved here four years ago, I have barely exercised and my diet has been awful because I eat out so much. I have been going on and off Weight Watchers and gaining and losing the same ten pounds over and over again. When I weighed in last Saturday I was sixteen pounds heavier than my lowest and eleven pounds higher than when we moved to Virginia. So here I am starting again. I will be posting my progress each week hoping to help me stick with it. I know WW works when I go to the meetings and stick with the plan, but I easily gain the weight back when I go off plan…"off the wagon" as I call it. My goal is to lose on average one pound per week. I know some weeks may be higher and some may be lower, but overall my goal is to lose the sixteen pounds by October 4th.

First week results...I did not actually stay within my points for the week, but I still managed to lose 1.4 pounds. I also started the morning boot camp workout program this week, so that probably helped.

Week 1 = -1.4
Total = -1.4

No comments: