Saturday, June 21, 2008

Where Did Everybody Go?

Today has been a weird day around town. Everywhere we went was empty. The lunch place we went to only had 1 other couple in it. We went to dinner at about 7pm to a place that usually has a packed bar and restaurant and it wasn't busy at all. Then we went to the grocery store to get dessert and it was empty. Then we went for a walk and didn't cross one other person on the path. Where did everybody go? It's been very odd. My only guess is that since it is the first weekend of summer that lots of people have gone out of town?

Some of the people we did see today that stood out:
- A woman that appeared to be for hire in the strip mall. I live in a cookie cutter upper middle class suburban neighborhood where you don't normally see this kind of thing. I couldn't come up with any other reason for why she was there dressed like she was acting like she was.
- An older man using his cane to push the crosswalk button to cross the street. I wish I could have gotten a picture of this.
- A teenage girl dressed in a neon yellow dress and neon pink & green striped socks. I really hope she was on her way to an 80's party. She also had on bright a pink glove...once I saw that, I was pretty sure there was a reason for this outfit. She also seemed embarrassed by us seeing her.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

No comments: