Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rachelle, Rachelle

I found out today that a friend from California is going to be here in Virginia for a training class next week and right by where I live! Rachelle and I met in college in Santa Barbara and were roommates for a year. She is an awesome woman who would do anything for friend. In college she was a confidante that would keep all my secrets and didn't complain the time I called her in the middle of the night to come pick me up at a bar because my designated driver thought she only had to refrain from alcohol but other things were ok. We had tons of easy going fun making cookie dough, laying out and playing with the cats. My favorite story is when we were coming back from Taco Bell one night and got pulled over in her beater car (no offense...) because of a tail light that was out and the cop was surprised to find us inside. I tried to bribe him with our Taco Bell food (jokingly, of course) but he just let us go. Her mom is also incredible and they made me feel like I had a second family after my mom died. After I graduated I moved all my stuff to my dad's house in Orange County for the summer. When it was time for me to move everything to the Bay Area where I was going to grad school Rachelle even helped me. Everybody hates moving but I have fond memories of driving up the 5 with her and moving my stuff. I visited her a few times in both Santa Barbara and San Diego. I'm not sure what happened, but we didn't see much of each other after that. Nothing bad happened, probably just jobs and life and the fact that we lived so far apart from each other. Rachelle got married in Santa Barbara about 4 months after I moved to Virginia so it was a good time to fly back to visit California since I felt so out of place in Virginia back them. Here is a picture from Rachelle's beautiful wedding. I haven't seen her since, which was over 5 years ago now. I can't wait!

No comments: