Sunday, February 21, 2010

This Candy Sucks

It was a guilty pleasure, but I really enjoyed reading LA Candy by Lauren Conrad of The Hills. Her second book, Sweet Little Lies: An LA Candy Novel, just came out so I was eager to read it. What I enjoyed about the first book was that it gave an inside look at how reality shows work. I stayed up late 3 nights in a row to read it, I enjoyed it so much. I thought Sweet Little Lies would be just as good, but was I wrong. It is basically a book version of a typical reality show where people lie and scheme and get in fights. It was really annoying. If I had another book to read, I would have just put this down. Luckily it is very easy reading so I finished it pretty quickly. No late nights with this one though...it wasn't worth giving up my sleep time. There is still one more book to come in this series. I doubt I will get it.

No comments: