Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Allergy Girl

So I'm apparently all inflamed inside my head still which is supposedly the reason my ears are still all messed up.  The inflammation could be from the surgery or I've been wondering lately if I have allergies.  I don't get sneezing and itchy watery eyes though.  My ENT agreed that allergy testing should be done (on top of back being on the cortisone nose spray).  Guess what?  I'm allergic to EVERYTHING they tested for.  Grass was really bad, then trees, weeds (ragweed and plantain?), mold, dust, dust mites and who knows what else swelled up too.  I'm only a little allergic to cats and dogs.  They say I need to work on controlling my environment, especially the bedroom, for the mold and dust/dust mites and no kitties sleeping in the bedroom (which they don't).  I've also started the allergy shots.  I wonder if this is the missing link to some of my problems??? I tend to feel better when I go out of town, except for the last trip to Vegas. I first started having sinus issues about 2 or 3 years after moving to this area and they said allergies usually develop in a new area between 2 months and 3 years so I was on schedule.  The shots are no quick fix though. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to everything too. Sucks. Sometimes it can make my head feel like it will explode from the pressure, without the watery eyes or other symptoms. Other times it feels like a cold, with a sore throat and runny nose... which is what I'm contending with this week.
I've always tried to take the natural route for mine, but that's just my preference. I had acupuncture and herbs done many years ago when I was having the worst season of my life. They helped within a week and I was feeling pretty much allergy-free the rest of the season with the right herbs and tea. You have to do whatever works for you. I hope you get to the root of the problem and start to feel better soon!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good reason to hire a cleaning service ;-)

Seriously, feel better.