Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Diet Pepsi Addiction

It all started with Hurricane Sandy...

I am addicted to caffeine.  I admit it.  I have previously kicked the habit, but started using it again because I get chronic headaches from a car accident.  Caffeine is known to help headaches...just look at the ingredients on a bottle of Excedrin migraine.  I gave up soda a long time ago and the only type of caffeinated beverage I would drink is unsweetened iced tea with Sweet & Low...just one with lunch each day.  I used to looooove Diet Pepsi years ago and would crave it as soon as I woke up in the morning.  I have not had diet sodas in years, except for on occasion if a restaurant did not have iced tea, which was very rare.

Then recently during Hurricane Sandy my company shut down for a few days and I worked from home.  The conditions were not good to go out in so I did not really leave the house for those days...but I needed caffeine, which I normally do not stock on the in the house except for making iced tea from tea bags.  I do love fresh iced tea, but was jut not in the mood for it so I bought the little 7.5 ounce cans of Diet Pepsi and drank them with a straw.  This was the beginning of my new addiction. 

Now I think about Diet Pepsi...a lot!  My company gives free soda so all day long I can go fill up a cup.  Not a good situation.  I think I am up to 2 or 3 a day.  Not nearly as bad as I used to be, but I am drinking it starting at about 10am.

I don't know what it is about this delicious sweet fizzy drink.  I now use it when I want something sweet to eat as well so that I do not eat something with calories.  Diet Coke never did this to me, but there is something in Diet Pepsi that my body just looooves.

No comments: