Thursday, January 10, 2013

Weight Watchers Week # 1

I have once again started Weight Watchers and had my first weigh in today.  I have been dieting most of my life...I am good at losing weight and terrible at keeping it off.  It has been a couple years since I did Weight Watchers because I was doing Jenny Craig off and on and WW has changed how points are calculated so it seems like sort of a new program to me, which is a good thing.  I'm trying to remember things I did years ago the first time I did WW and was really successful.  I lost 27 pounds in 6 months.  I have since fought for years to keep it off and have "found" 20 of it again.  My goals are to think long term so I want to lose 20 pounds in 20 weeks. 

I just finished the first week and I admit it was tough the first few days and I was cranky.  Once I got over the hump it has not been too bad.  Now I just need to keep it going.  I even took the dreaded "before" picture of myself in some form fitting work out clothes.

WW has changed how points are calculated since I last did the program with the idea that not all calories are created equal.  Fruit is now free, but they really ding you on alcohol.  A small glass of champagne used to be 2 points and now it is 4...and who drinks just one small glass of champagne at at time?

Now on to the results!  Drum roll please.....

I lost 3.4 pounds.  Yippee!!!!

No comments: